NATIONAL Union of Communication Workers (NUCW) has declared a dispute with Zampost management over protracted salary negotiations.
In a statement released by NUCW general secretary Clement Kasonde and copied to director human resource Zampost, Labour Commission (ministry of labour and social security) and the Zambia Congress of Trade Unions, Kasonde said the salary negotiations failed and the union had no choice but to declare a dispute.
"Please be informed that the Zampost salary negotiations that have been going on for sometime now between ourselves and management of Zampost have unfortunately failed. A dispute has been declared," he stated.
"However, this should not demotivate you (workers) because your national leadership is actually working on the roadmap of the declared position. Your leadership remains committed to its desire of awarding a salary increment."
Kasonde whoever urged workers to remain calm as the union was going to address the situation.
Workers have refused the five per cent salary increment offered by management and have warned of a strike action should management fail to increase their salaries.
- Cops arrest Kasama man for bestiality with chicken
- London protestors call for KCM probe
- Police save Hichilema from PF attack
- UPND can't win in 2016 - Nevers
- Running a bar taught me to save - B1
- Hichilema provoking Sata - State House
- Judge throws out Kanene's application
- Mulenga Sata says trying his best
- UPND to arm itself
- IPI not standing idle on journalists safety