NATIONAL Union of Communication Workers (NUCW) has declared a dispute with Zampost management over protracted salary negotiations.
In a statement released by NUCW general secretary Clement Kasonde and copied to director human resource Zampost, Labour Commission (ministry of labour and social security) and the Zambia Congress of Trade Unions, Kasonde said the salary negotiations failed and the union had no choice but to declare a dispute.
"Please be informed that the Zampost salary negotiations that have been going on for sometime now between ourselves and management of Zampost have unfortunately failed. A dispute has been declared," he stated.
"However, this should not demotivate you (workers) because your national leadership is actually working on the roadmap of the declared position. Your leadership remains committed to its desire of awarding a salary increment."
Kasonde whoever urged workers to remain calm as the union was going to address the situation.
Workers have refused the five per cent salary increment offered by management and have warned of a strike action should management fail to increase their salaries.
- Kaseba comforts Chellah over mother death
- SATA DECLARES 7- DAY NATIONAL MOURNING FOR MANDELA
- Chirwa threatens to renounce his Zambian citizenship
- Sata to bring light
- Chirwa denounces Kapeya, Atanga
- Govt pardons some nurses
- Bwalya pleads for dismissed nurses
- Scott exalts MMD,UPND MPs in govt
- Chirwa a frustrated individual - Atanga
- Salaula is good quality - Sampa