TWILIGHT fans are such an excitable bunch I'm wary of even letting this out the bag for fear of the hysteria it will unleash.
But here we go... ROBERT PATTINSON has been approached by SIMON COWELL to sign a major record deal.
The young actor has been told he can basically write his own cheque.
To make things even sweeter for Robert, other record companies have got wind of the offer and a bidding war has broken out.
Robert, who plays vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight films, is a keen musician who plays piano and guitar.
The star has even contributed songs to the Twilight soundtracks.
His pipes are pretty good too and record bosses reckon his singing voice could turn out to be a big money-spinner.
A source said: "Robert is reluctant to be turned into a pop star - and takes his music very seriously.
"He is a bit wary of signing up with Cowell who is, of course, associated with X Factor and pop."
I also envisage a big problem if Robert ever wishes to perform live.
His teenage fans are so unhinged the screaming would be worse than The Beatles at Shea Stadium.
- Ozzy lights up Killie B
- Govt blocking me from registering political party - Bwalya
- Sata opens State House doors to ordinary people
- Mpombo aims high
- 55 survive bus accident
- Govt won't close any learning institution over protests - Sata
- Sata is a great man - Mugabe
- Mpombo joins 2016 presidential race
- Subsidies cannot continue - Storella
- Beating a wife is sign of love - GBM