TWILIGHT fans are such an excitable bunch I'm wary of even letting this out the bag for fear of the hysteria it will unleash.
But here we go... ROBERT PATTINSON has been approached by SIMON COWELL to sign a major record deal.
The young actor has been told he can basically write his own cheque.
To make things even sweeter for Robert, other record companies have got wind of the offer and a bidding war has broken out.
Robert, who plays vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight films, is a keen musician who plays piano and guitar.
The star has even contributed songs to the Twilight soundtracks.
His pipes are pretty good too and record bosses reckon his singing voice could turn out to be a big money-spinner.
A source said: "Robert is reluctant to be turned into a pop star - and takes his music very seriously.
"He is a bit wary of signing up with Cowell who is, of course, associated with X Factor and pop."
I also envisage a big problem if Robert ever wishes to perform live.
His teenage fans are so unhinged the screaming would be worse than The Beatles at Shea Stadium.
- Cops arrest Kasama man for bestiality with chicken
- London protestors call for KCM probe
- Police save Hichilema from PF attack
- UPND can't win in 2016 - Nevers
- Running a bar taught me to save - B1
- Hichilema provoking Sata - State House
- Judge throws out Kanene's application
- Mulenga Sata says trying his best
- UPND to arm itself
- IPI not standing idle on journalists safety