ZAMBIA'S top seed Edgar Kazembe and Nkumbu Chonya lost their opening games at the International Tennis Federation Davis Cup in Egypt.
The games being played on a round-robin basis saw the Zambians paired against the Egyptians on day one, with Chonya losing the opening game 6-0, 6-2 to Karin Maamoun, while Kazembe also tumbled 6-3, 6-1 to Mohamed Safwat.
At press time, Henry Banda was set to take on Karim Hossam and Kombe Mabo was to play Sherif Sabry in round three and four.
Zambia is in pool D of Group Three, alongside host Egypt, Nigeria and Botswana.
- Sata warns nurses
- Brig Gen Puta: a woman with an exceptional vocation
- Nurses taste own medicine
- Accept you're no longer in power, Rupiah tells MMD
- Govt will blacklist plunderers - Sata
- Govt is looking into nurses' plight - Sata
- Kaseba comforts Chellah over mother death
- Sata to bring light
- UNZA lecturer's wife seeks divorce for being denied conjugal rights
- We are an example of reconciliation - Kalaluka