ZAMBIA'S top seed Edgar Kazembe and Nkumbu Chonya lost their opening games at the International Tennis Federation Davis Cup in Egypt.
The games being played on a round-robin basis saw the Zambians paired against the Egyptians on day one, with Chonya losing the opening game 6-0, 6-2 to Karin Maamoun, while Kazembe also tumbled 6-3, 6-1 to Mohamed Safwat.
At press time, Henry Banda was set to take on Karim Hossam and Kombe Mabo was to play Sherif Sabry in round three and four.
Zambia is in pool D of Group Three, alongside host Egypt, Nigeria and Botswana.
- Sata visits son Kazimu in South Africa
- Interviewers seek sex from female applicants
- Educated women sexually starved - Manda
- Sata visits Kazimu in SA
- Sata doing fine, jovial - Sampa
- Chongwe woman severs husband's manhood
- Libongani explains Chibolya police marijuana picture
- Chipepo orders arrest of those married to underage girls
- CBU to confer VJ, Irwin with honourary doctorates
- Govt not underplaying Barotse issue - Kabimba