ZAMBIA'S top seed Edgar Kazembe and Nkumbu Chonya lost their opening games at the International Tennis Federation Davis Cup in Egypt.
The games being played on a round-robin basis saw the Zambians paired against the Egyptians on day one, with Chonya losing the opening game 6-0, 6-2 to Karin Maamoun, while Kazembe also tumbled 6-3, 6-1 to Mohamed Safwat.
At press time, Henry Banda was set to take on Karim Hossam and Kombe Mabo was to play Sherif Sabry in round three and four.
Zambia is in pool D of Group Three, alongside host Egypt, Nigeria and Botswana.
- London protestors call for KCM probe
- Police save Hichilema from PF attack
- UPND can't win in 2016 - Nevers
- Running a bar taught me to save - B1
- Hichilema provoking Sata - State House
- Cops arrest Kasama man for bestiality with chicken
- Judge throws out Kanene's application
- Mulenga Sata says trying his best
- UPND to arm itself
- IPI not standing idle on journalists safety