ZAMBIA'S top seed Edgar Kazembe and Nkumbu Chonya lost their opening games at the International Tennis Federation Davis Cup in Egypt.
The games being played on a round-robin basis saw the Zambians paired against the Egyptians on day one, with Chonya losing the opening game 6-0, 6-2 to Karin Maamoun, while Kazembe also tumbled 6-3, 6-1 to Mohamed Safwat.
At press time, Henry Banda was set to take on Karim Hossam and Kombe Mabo was to play Sherif Sabry in round three and four.
Zambia is in pool D of Group Three, alongside host Egypt, Nigeria and Botswana.
- Afunika thrills Eastpoint
- Kasama court finds Frank Bwalya with case to answer in his defamation of the President case
- Another Nc'wala 'breast picture'
- Those dogs, the Watchdogs
- Sakala brother explains decision to serve God
- Happy Women's Day
- Dandy 'skirts' around Eastpoint
- Kwacha fall on high side - BoZ
- VJ says rumour that he is dead highly exaggerated
- B3's Marvin dies