CHIPOLOPOLO defender Emmanuel Mbola says he is yearning for his debut appearance for Portuguese giant FC Porto, two months before the expiry of his one-year contract.
Mbola has not played any match at the Portuguese side since joining them in January this year on a one-year loan deal from Congolese side TP Mazembe.
In an interview yesterday, Mbola said his 10 months at FC Porto had not been easy due the injury which weakened his chances of adjusting to the Portuguese style of play.
"I have been in Portugal for 10 months and unfortunately I went with a broken leg but now I am coping with weather and style of play, it has not been easy," Mbola said.
The first Zambian to feature in the UEFA Champions League when he represented Pyunik Yerevan in July 2009, said he was working hard to ensure he makes his debut appearance and have his contract extended.
"I am a hard worker. I always work hard and I hope to impress before my contract ends. I hope to stay on at Porto. I had a meeting with Porto asking about my contract, I don't know if they want to extend but I would like to extend my contract," said Mbola.
The Under 20 player was in 2010 embroiled in a transfer saga over his move to Armenian Pyunik Yerevan and a subsequent move to a Congolese club, TP Mazembe.
The transfer wrangle was later resolved in September 2010, when FIFA ruled that the Armenian club had been wrong in arranging for Mbola to sign a professional contract when he was under-age.
FIFA subsequently ordered for the cancellation of the International Transfer Certificate (ITC) held by the Armenian club at that time and Mbola officially joined TP Mazembe before been loaned to FC Porto.
- 12 die in road accident in Kitwe
- Sata fires Kansembe, reshuffles ministers
- VJ says rumour that he is dead highly exaggerated
- Speaker kicks out Shakafuswa
- Komboni Radio marks 1st anniversary
- Draft land article annoys Nkomeshya
- MMD MPs can go without sitting allowances - Nevers
- Mulenga Sata urges parastatals to employ PF youths to restore peace
- Gov't congratulates Mutati over COMESA appointment
- 'Love Games' wins AMVCA Best TV Drama/Comedy