MADISON General Insurance and Puma Energy have jointly unveiled a US$50,000 (about K252 million) sponsorship for Zambia Motor Rally Champion Mohammed Essa this year.
Madison General managing director Chabala Lumbwe said the insurance firm had been involvement in the sponsorship of the sport for the last 10 years.
"Our sponsorship started with provision of motor insurance for the Zambia International Rally, personal accident to rally drivers and was extended to Muna Singh and now to a youthful enterprising and promising upcoming ace rally driver who finished second in Zambia and third in Africa last year," said Lumbwe during presentation of the cheque at Madison General offices yesterday.
And Puma Energy managing director Fumu Mondoloka said the company was happy to be associated with the sponsorship of a promising rally driver.
"We have committed US$25,000 this year and our colleagues have also put in the same amount and we will see what we can do next year," said Mondoloka.
Meanwhile Essa said in an interview after receiving the cheque that he would do his best this year and thanked the two companies for the sponsorship.
- B3's Marvin dies
- Afunika thrills Eastpoint
- Kasama court finds Frank Bwalya with case to answer in his defamation of the President case
- Another Nc'wala 'breast picture'
- Those dogs, the Watchdogs
- Sakala brother explains decision to serve God
- Happy Women's Day
- Dandy 'skirts' around Eastpoint
- Kwacha fall on high side - BoZ
- VJ says rumour that he is dead highly exaggerated