CHIEF Chikanta of Kalomo district has called on all Zambians to assist President Michael Sata and the Patriotic Front government to deliver development in rural areas.
In an interview in Choma yesterday, chief Chikanta said on September 20, 2011, the people of Zambia gave President Sata the mandate to govern the country for the next five years and that it was important for all well-meaning Zambians to help him effectively fulfil his promises.
He said the traditional leadership in Zambia was well-placed to assist the government to implement programmes meant to develop rural parts of the country.
"As traditional leaders in Southern Province, we support the fight against corruption and programmes for poverty reduction, employment creation and good governance," he said.
Chief Chikanta urged all chiefs in the country to work with the government to foster development in the rural parts of the country.
- Nurses taste own medicine
- UNZA lecturer's wife seeks divorce for being denied conjugal rights
- Accept you're no longer in power, Rupiah tells MMD
- Govt will blacklist plunderers - Sata
- Govt is looking into nurses' plight - Sata
- Kaseba comforts Chellah over mother death
- Sata to bring light
- Chambishi Mine sends 500 home
- PF will never betray Zambians - Kabimba
- Nevers mourns Chikusu