NETBALL Association of Zambia has appointed paramilitary coach Charles Zulu as national team coach, replacing Davies Twininge.
NAZ general secretary Prichad Ngoma said the association dropped Twininge as national team coach because he was serving in an acting capacity.
Ngoma said Zulu would be assisted by Pauline Sombo of Napsa club who has also been appointed Under-20 coach.
"We needed to have permanent coaches at national team level, and Twininge was just acting (coach)," Ngoma said.
He said the immediate task of the coaches was to pick a formidable team for the Africa Netball Championship set for next month in Tanzania.
Ngoma, who is also head of the technical committee, said he was confident that Zambia would do well at the Tanzania outing.
"These are coaches that have been around they know the players and I 'am confident they will perform well. Our aim is to do well at the Africa Netball Championship. The coaches need to select a capable team," Ngoma said.
He said NAZ had also put up various committees to ensure the smooth running of the sport.
Ngoma said the marketing and finance committee would be headed by the association's treasurer Martha Sichone, while the disciplinary committee would be headed by vice-president Evelyn Phiri.
- Cops arrest Kasama man for bestiality with chicken
- Police save Hichilema from PF attack
- Judge throws out Kanene's application
- Hichilema provoking Sata - State House
- Manhood enlargement goes wrong for Katete man
- Mulenga Sata says trying his best
- UPND to arm itself
- IPI not standing idle on journalists safety
- UPND careless, naive - Nawakwi
- It's a joyous Easter - Sata